Surface Sizing Agents
Surface sizing agents are commonly used to provide water-resistance (prevent paper from blurring with water or ink) and printability (offset, inkjet) to paper by surface application.
These agents are applied to a wide variety of paper / paper board (fine paper, newspaper, ink-jet printing paper, linerboard, and so on).
Solution Type Surface Sizing Agents SS series
- This series consist primarily of water soluble styrene based polymer.
- The application of this series makes it possible to provide water-resistance to various paper / paperboard (from acidic paper to alkaline paper).
Emulsion Type Surface Sizing Agents SE series
- These products are aqueous colloidal suspensions of styrene based hydrophobic polymer particles. They provide water-resistance to various paper / paperboard applications (from acidic paper to alkaline paper).
- They provide good printability for many paper grades such as offset printing, IJ printing and flexographic printing.
AKD Surface Sizing Agents SE series
- This series consist alkyl ketene dimers made from natural sources rather than petrochemicals.
- They provide strong water-resistance to alkaline paper.
Example of using Surface Sizing Agents